Internship Offer: Assistant to Program Manager
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
TARA is a joint venture by two organizations: One Indian Trust named ONYVA and one French NGO/not-for-profit association named CHAYA FRANCE. TARA has been working towards child protection and education for the last 12 years in Delhi and has established:
- 3 Homes for “Children in Need of Care and Protection” registered under the Juvenile and Justice Act, 2015, called TARA Tots, TARA Boys and TARA Girls,
- 1 after-care program named TARA Big Birds for the children who have turned 18 and are ready to transform into adulthood
- 1 Outreach Centre opened in February 2019, to provide education to children and promote family strengthening in a marginalized community of Saidulajab in South Delhi.
TARA is looking for motivated students who wish to get involved at a grass root level in the child protection field. The intern will assist a Program Manager of the above-mentioned programs with the overall management of the program, the coordination of the activities and daily routine, the implementation of the norms and policies. Based on his/her capabilities and areas of interest, the intern would be involved with:
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organisation
- Take part in educational activities
- Assist the Social Workers, in charge of the overall follow up of the children (well-being, emotional and physical health, schooling, and case file).
- Review existing policies & procedures on an annual basis
- Ensure the maintenance of proper documentation
- Attend staff meetings
- Implement human resources policies, procedures and practices
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities
- Ensure that all staff receive an orientation to TARA and that appropriate training is provided
- To prepare budget proposals
- Participate in fundraising activities as appropriate
- Ensure that accounting procedures are followed
- Administer the funds of the home according to the approved budget
- Represent TARA to other NGO’s and agencies
- Identify and evaluate the risks to homes associates, property, finances, goodwill, and image
- Implement measures to control risks with the approval of Executive Director
- Good English and good computer skills.
- Strongly motivated to work with children and be part of an innovative experience.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in team.
- Strong ability to adjust himself/herself to different working contexts and duties.
- Maturity and a stable personality are highly important.
The internship is based in South Delhi and is unpaid. Please send your C.V. and motivation letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org