About the organisation:TARA is a joint venture run by two organizations: One Indian Trust named ONYVA and one French NGO/not-for-profit association named CHAYA FRANCE. Working in New Delhi for the last 11 years, we protect children from vulnerability and abuse with a diverse set of programs:
- We prevent family separation: TARA Outreach Center is a Day-Care Center for a marginalized community in Saidulajab, South Delhi, India. We work at the community level to identify situations of abuse, mobilize family resources so they can find their own solutions. We also provide quality education to the children through 4 classes: nursery, bridge class, open class and intensive class.
- We rescue and accommodate as a measure of last-resort children whose life is at risk in their natural environment. These placements are ordered by the Judiciary, only when they are absolutely necessary. We run three Homes for “Children in Need of Care and Protection” registered by the Ministry of Woman and Child under the Juvenile and Justice Act, 2015. These 3 homes are: TARA Tots, TARA Boys and TARA Girls.
- We equip the children to fly their own wings: TARA Big Birds enables young adults having grown in TARA Homes to access autonomy.
Roles and responsibilities:The Partnerships and Communication intern will report to the Partnership and Communications Team. He / She will support the team by taking up the tasks listed below:
- Develop contents, presentations, correspondence, briefings, speaking points and all other communication material including contents for social media
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers to create a strong network
- Write engaging content, including blogs, articles, stories and press releases.
- Assisting in planning and compiling quarterly Newsletter
- Monitoring web performance using Google Analytics
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and strategies for marketing and communications
- Working on infographics, videos or other multimedia content
Qualifications & requirements:
- Must be able to commit for at least 3 months
- Must be fluent in English, knowledge of French could be an added advantage
- Must be 22 or above
- College junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in a communication, public relations, journalism, English, international relations, graphic design or related degree program, or have recently obtained such a degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Prior experience with social media writing for an organization with passion towards storytelling and communications
- Talent for learning new skills quickly
- Creativity and willingness to contribute ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a team
- Self-motivated and flexible along with a can-do attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Multimedia, graphic design, video editing and photography skills desired, but not mandatory