Partnerships Officer (PO)
About the organisation:
TARA is a joint venture run by two organizations: One Indian Trust named ONYVA and one French NGO/not-for-profit association named CHAYA FRANCE.
Having worked in Delhi for the last 13 years, TARA has established:
- 3 Homes for “Children in Need of Care and Protection” registered under the Juvenile and Justice Act, 2015, called TARA Tots, TARA Boys and TARA Girls.
- 1 after-care program named TARA Big Birds for the children who have turned 18 and are ready to transform into adulthood.
- 1 Outreach Centre which provides education to children and promotes family strengthening in a marginalized community of Saidulajab in SouthDelhi.
Our sources of funding are organisations/foundations and individual donors. Overall, 60% of our budget is supported by corporate sponsors(via CSR) and 40% by individual donors. We wish to expand our CSR partnerships.
We approach corporates, foundations and institutions all around the world. TARA has been able to develop a network of corporates, both Indian and French, which appreciate the professionalism of our organisation. We send regular reports to these organisations and we arrange their visits. We organise events in collaboration with our partners to increase our visibility, keeping in mind that children should not be disturbed too often, nor should their dignity be jeopardized.
We expand our network of sponsors via social media and digital campaigns but also during events, meetings, and visits of the programs. Our sponsors often recommend TARA to their friends and relatives. We maintain a database of 500 of them. We receive monthly contributions from Rs. 924 to Rs. 5005. Two members of the Partnerships and Communication team ensure the coordination with individual sponsors
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented Partnerships Officer to assist our Partnerships Coordinator. In this position, you will be in charge of producing high-quality content, drafting proposals and grant applications. You will also participate in prospecting and developing TARA’s network. You may be asked to organise visits, events and campaigns to raise the necessary funds and donations. You will participate in a diverse range of tasks, aiming at increasing the awareness of the organization’s work, goals, and financial needs.
The Partnerships Officer, under the supervision of the Partnerships Coordinator, will be responsible for:
Content writing and communication with our partners
- Collect information from the operational level to create content
- Collect information about each partner to produce relevant content
- Draft proposals and reports for corporates and foundations in a timely manner
- Take pictures of various activities, sessions, children, staff members to be used in documents such as proposals and reports,
- Ensure timely follow up of every partnership.
- Manage online platforms designed especially for the team-related activities
- Keep the PC phone and manage the calls and messages received
Prospection and campaigns
- Research prospective corporates and foundations, identify and contact potential donors in India, in France and other countries
- Organize online campaigns for the Homes and Outreach Centre
- Participate in the organization and reception of the donations in-kind
- Maintain the database of corporates and foundations
- Record all documentation related to corporate and foundation partnerships
- Research prospective Media platforms such as newspapers, news channels, magazines etc. for outreach purpose
- Create a strong message for approaching these platforms, and explore opportunities of collaboration
- Plan, execute and organize promotional events
- Represent TARA at events conducted outside the organisation.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent in media, communications, literature and/or another related field
- Proficiency in MS Office skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to take high quality pictures and videos
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities – the Partnerships Officer must be able to multitask and work well underpressure
- Team player
- Strong interest in child protection matters and development sector
- Knowledge of communication practices and techniques would be appreciated
- Graphic design skills would be appreciated
Location: India (New Delhi) Salary: 26,000 to 30,000 per month, according to profile Contract: Probation period for 6 months, thereafter permanent. Position available: Immediately