To receive the movies,
enter your email address below :
When animation gets mobilized for child protection!
The Undefeated is a series of 15 short animated stories animated short films created by TARA with director Dorothée Adam and students from GOBELINS, l’École de l’image.
These films are inspired by real events experienced by children benefiting from TARA programs. Through the poignant stories, we wanted to raise awareness about the situation of vulnerable children in India, and the different ways to help them.
The choice of animation to illustrate serious matters
The project was born at the start of the pandemic when we were looking for the best way to illustrate the journey of the children of TARA.
The choice of animation seemed obvious because it allows: .
- To evoke with delicacy serious subjects.
- To show the children's point of view and illustrate the richness of their inner worlds..
- To respect their anonymity.
A project born from the collaboration with Dorothée Adam and L'Ecole de Gobelins
The project was able to see the light of day with the collaboration of different actors:
- The children of TARA who inspired these stories and lent their voices to the short films.
- Dorothée Adam who directed these films. She took charge of the writing of the scripts and the artistic direction of the project, after being immersed for months in the social context in which TARA operates, through remote interviews with the field teams and the children.
- The students of the Motion Design section of Les Gobelins, who mobilized all their sensitivity and creativity to put these stories into images, not hesitating to do extensive research to be as accurate as possible.
- The social workers of our centers, who remained available throughout the project to provide the necessary information and feedback.
- The CNSM, Conservatoire National Supérieur de Danse et Musique de Paris, whose students set the short films to music
Their admirable work has enabled the Undefeated to be selected for several Indian and international film festivals such as:
- Internacional de Cine de Lanzarote, Lanzarote, Spain
- Indo-French international Film Festival, Auroville, India
- Ionian Contemporary Animation Festival ICONA 2021, Online Festival, Greece
Screenings at the Alliance Française in New Delhi, at the Unesco in Paris, and others to come!
The series was screened in cinemas and cultural institutions in France and India such as the Alliance Française in New Delhi (November 12 and 26, 2021) or the Maison de l'Unesco in Paris (December 2, 2021). These events were accompanied by interventions from the film team and TARA and followed by debates on the theme of education or child protection.
We plan to organize other screenings in France and India during the year 2022 and will keep you informed!
In addition, you can watch the entire Undefeated for free by registering on the link below.
Who are we?
TARA is a Franco-Indian NGO, established in 2008 in New Delhi. It offers Indian children a warm and secure environment as well as individual attention that helps them overcome their traumas and grow peacefully.
This project would not have been possible without the precious support of the Fondation Bernard Dumas